Friday, October 5, 2007

My 5K Foiled!!

In preparation for running the Halloween 5k, I started to feel a twinge in my right knee. The day it really bugged me was a fantastic running day. The air was crisp, and the sun beamed. I was getting on my 4th mile and it felt like a dull pop in my inside knee.

crap, no way. Just when I was feeling so great

I decided to press on, and pretend nothing was wrong.

Mind over body, Mind over body

I repeated over and over again, and then the little doctor in my head said

Stop!!!! You idiot, you are not making things any better!!


I decided to lay off for a few days, and see if the knee would recover. I took advil prophylacticly, and was easy on it. After about 3 days, I set off again. This time the knee began to shout at me after about a mile. I walked the rest of the way, and rested my knee for a few more days, only to have it yell at me again after mile #1. Arggghhh!!!! It is so frustrating, because I was just getting back into running again. I was supposed to do this 5k with the other rizzi girls, and go for a post run party at the local bar. this was supposed to be my "free"day. My hubby was prepared to put in a days work with the kids, and let me have a full day of exercise, followed by drinking. Stupid joint!! I just hope I won't need another at some point.

Now, hubby and I are joining the park district center and will have the opportunity to work out closer to home. We were members of Bally's for years, but the local facility id HORRIBLE! the park district has a great indoor, and outdoor track, and has plenty of fun classes all day. they're babysitting facility is nice and clean which is a super plus, because bally's was sickening.

Maybe I can go and cheer the sisters on, and still partake in some post run partying.


4 comments:

LaLaLaLizzy said...

yeah, Bally's was sickening.

a kid puked on me there.


I hope your knee gets better!!

Rizzi5 said...

Come with us anyway, we need you for moral support before and after the race. we can make a rizzi girl day.

E said...

I second that!! How about walking?? You'd be burning the alcohol calories....just kidding. If I could just convince Marie to dress up....

diane303 said...

Have you tried a elastic knee support or an ace bandage? They can stabalize your knee and make a world of difference.

Also, how old are your shoes. maybe, if you plan to run, you need to get new ones.