Friday, March 30, 2007

Why The Mimic


O.K., just to clarify. My sister did do a good job describing why, but for those of you who know me WELL, you know I do have an uncontrolable urge to mimic noise (as said). I don't know why I do it, I just do. My friends at work once said they wanted to make a "Dina Soundtrack", of all my sound effects. My favorites are the cicadas and the sirens. I also do this kind of club music beat box thing. Holly, you remember right?? What's funny is, my children, although the don't speak, mimic noises too. Avery barks like a dog. Both make this clucking noise to eachother. It's the kind of clucking equestrians use to make their horses move faster. The funniest is the farting noise they make by pushing air through their sinuses, and out through their noses. How do they learn these things?? When I say "momma" they cluck at me in unison, and laugh. So, it's a house of pure mimicry. I hope they don't start to mimic the other adult in the house. The one who seems to lack the "edit" button sometimes. For those of you who know my husband well, we all know what things can come out of his mouth.
In closing, when late July falls upon us, and the sounds of summer are at their best, think of me in my backyard chirping along in harmony with the beloved cicadas.

5 comments:

diane303 said...

You just can't help yourself. You even blend you speach pattern when you are with people with accents or different dialects. After you are with Marie, you add an, oh so soft, little vowel at the end of all of your words. You pick up just a hint of whatever accent prevails.

I think that Avery will do the same thing.

Jackaland Online said...

Got it- and yes, I've experienced this firsthand. In fact, I had already been wondering if you'll be able to convey your stories via blog- without sound OR hand motions- has everyone seen her hand act the part of a zit on her face? Alien screams and all... it's a gift.

Dina said...

i have not done that in a while!
i didn't realize how much i use my hands. no wonder rick took a liking to me.

diane303 said...

Just don't get he upset...!

Unknown said...

On the other hand,Harley boots ed hardy clothes often is the usual lift-up model with a face Christian audigier shield.One luxury full-faced Harley helmet to look for ed hardy shoes can be the GP Tech Metal Warrior. This Kevlar ed hardy outlet made helmet comes standard considering the ultimate Integrated Ventilation to ed hardy Bikini provide you with oxygen in your ride. And, techniques about fogging ed hardy hats in the shield together with the outdoors, the ed hardy swimsuits helmet will be fog proof. The optimim finish on the helmet guarantees ed hardy clothing no scratches, either. However, ed hardy glasses this amazing ed hardy Jackets tool industry around and may just break your bank! If ed hardyprice is an object, devote all across $70.00 and share with the ed hardy iphone cases conventional stock half helmet. That should as ed hardy dresses a minimum produce a number protection an individual's Harley davidson lower.