Saturday, June 2, 2007

My 1st 5k

I did it!!! I am so proud of myself. I have never run in a race, well, since I was a kid anyway. I just wish I had participated in some 2 years ago when I was running 15 miles a week and 115 lbs. I would have been awesome. I figure that today I ran really well, and I'll only get better. I really didn't prepare much, and I think this will give me good motivation to kick my own ass again. I really loved the competition aspect of it. Here you are, passing other people, and it makes you feel good. When those you've passed, come up on your heals, it pushes you to move more. I was smart about it tho'. I think I paced myself well, and as I approached the finish line, I just bit the bullet, and sprinted with hopes I wouldn't trip and get some serious road rash. So, my time was 30:51. YEAH!!! I don't remember running 3.1 miles that fast...well in high school ( yes, here comes Al Bundy), when i did a 1/2 triathlon. The 5 mile run was at the end, and after biking 10 miles, swimming 1 mile, I still ran under 10 minute mile. All in 90 degrees. Ah yes, my glory days. To be 16 again.
Anyhow, I plan to run at least 2 more, and better my time. Until then, I have to get back in the groove.

5 comments:

diane303 said...

YEAY! Keep up the good work, kiddo!

Jackaland Online said...

Another friend of mine did her first half-marathon last month- she loved it. And I think this stuff is addictive b/c she can't wait to do a full in the Fall- she sounds just like you! There was, however, a 40-yr-old Mom in my town who died running a marathon this past Spring... this is my excuse.

diane303 said...

My 46 y.o. sister (two teenage kids) runs marathons. Her best time is 2:27. That puts here speed at about 7 and 1/2 minute miles. The last marathon that she did was on a really hot day and she had a rough time. Ended up with cramps and nausia. She still qualified for Boston, though.

She's really dedicated to training. She'll run up to 80 miles a week and she has a "life coach" to keep her on track.

Running 3 - 6 miles is healthy for your body. Running 26.2 miles is torture for you body. Even my sister admits that.

Keep up the good work.

diane303 said...

Sorry - just read my post. Her best time is 3:27.

Unknown said...

On the other hand,Harley boots ed hardy clothes often is the usual lift-up model with a face Christian audigier shield.One luxury full-faced Harley helmet to look for ed hardy shoes can be the GP Tech Metal Warrior. This Kevlar ed hardy outlet made helmet comes standard considering the ultimate Integrated Ventilation to ed hardy Bikini provide you with oxygen in your ride. And, techniques about fogging ed hardy hats in the shield together with the outdoors, the ed hardy swimsuits helmet will be fog proof. The optimim finish on the helmet guarantees ed hardy clothing no scratches, either. However, ed hardy glasses this amazing ed hardy Jackets tool industry around and may just break your bank! If ed hardyprice is an object, devote all across $70.00 and share with the ed hardy iphone cases conventional stock half helmet. That should as ed hardy dresses a minimum produce a number protection an individual's Harley davidson lower.