Saturday, July 7, 2007

What's Yer Poison???


I have determined that I have some strange reaction to Tequila. These past few times I have enjoyed a fine frozen Margarita, I end up having vivid nightmares that wake me in a frenzy.

About a month ago, I joined a bunch of lovely ladies for Mexican food, and had a couple of Margaritas. That night I had
multiple dreams involving insects in my bed. I woke up at least three times slapping myself, and swiping the covers to get them out. My husband we furious with me, and the next morning told me, he would rather sleep on the couch, than endure another night of insanity. I attributed these strange happenings to the prevalence of the cicadas, and forgot about it.

Last night, we took the twinkies out to dinner to our neighborhood Mexican restaurant. Of course, I ordered a Margarita. We had a wonderful time. The kids were great as always, and having a Margarita makes everything fun. We came home, put the kids to bed and watched a little T.V. I had my prophylactic 2 Advil, with a glass of water (I'll never take a chance of even a mild hangover) and went to bed. Early this morning, I awoke scratching and slapping my head. I wasn't sure why, so I went back to bed. A few hours later, I had a dream that the twinkies had tiny bugs crawling on them. I looked in the mirror and saw them coming out of my hair. I ran to the sink and tousled my hair to find LICE!!!! It was HORRIBLE.
I have never had anything like this happen to me with other cocktails. I love any kind of Martini, and sleep like a baby at night.
Strange- isn't it?

6 comments:

E said...

That is so creepy! Yeah - something about tequila makes me goofy too - i say stick with the martinis!!

diane303 said...

I've heard that tequila can be mind bending. Have you tried Mojitos instead? They are made with rum instead of tequila.

Dina said...

i love, love , love mojitos. i always forget that they are another option. mango mojitos are great!

diane303 said...

Your brain found all your buggy ickies, your lice problem when you were a kid, the cicadas, probably all the nasty bug movies that you've seen, Paula's creepy recent experience. It took it all, waded it up and threw it all back up at ya - Yuk!

diane303 said...

Our neighbor invited us for an impromptu patio get together. She works with the local caterer and has frozen cartons of margaritas and mojitos. They look like cardboard ice cream tubs (1/2 gallons). All the booze was included

I want to get some from her. What fun!

Dina said...

oooo! that's sounds like fun.