Thursday, August 2, 2007

Havoc On The Dock



Yet another year of family fun!! The Ukrainian Havoc Squad returns to the dock at Lake Lanier in Gainesville, Georgia.

For those of you who do not know, my mothers side of the family has a reunion weekend. This ever growing brood, manages to pack into my cousin's gorgeous, and spacious home. It's practically a mini resort, with a theater, plenty of bedrooms and bathrooms. There is a workout room, and a bar in the basement. The dock is where the day fun is. A pontoon, and speed boat, two wave runners, and plenty of floatation devices are at our disposal.

This year was so different, but just as fun. Our family had expanded by five. Madison, Vaughn, Avery, Otto and Arden were all new to the scene, and made the daytime fun a bit tricky, but we all were in the same boat. I think most of us were just genuinely happy to be spending time together. The highlight for me and Rick, was spending a whole day out, while the Grandmothers and Great Aunts watched the babies. We went to an old gold mining town, shopped at the outlet mall, and finished the day off swimming, drinking, and racing on the wave runners. Paula, Casey, Rick and I floated around in the lake, reminiscing, and having some good old belly laughs. Rick and I also had the chance for some much needed reconnecting.


As always, I left with tears in my eyes, and a lump in my throat. This family I am so lucky to be a part of, is so much fun and FULL of POSITIVE VIBES!!! When things get messy, these people always seem to find clarity. I don't think any of them complained about a single thing. Every time i think of the crazy Ukrainians, I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside, and wish we could see each other more often.

I can't wait until next year. It may not be any easier traveling with two 2 year olds, but it is worth it!!!

4 comments:

diane303 said...

Wallene and I stopped and looked at this group in wonderment.

We are so fortunate to have Chuck and Ashley so willing to host this.

We are so happy that we started all this 4 years ago.

diane303 said...

Did you see the scarf that I made in 2005? It was framed and over the bed in your room.

Dina said...

yes, it is magnificent!!!

Jackaland Online said...

Getaways like this are a requirement, aren't they? You really are very lucky to have all of the kids around the same age- and blessed to have aunts and grandmas willing to take them all on! I also looked at the photos you sent- Nicole looks great, by the way! A definite highlight to your summer.