Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Biggest Loser at Home.


I love this show. It's really nice to see people achieving weight loss through hard work with diet and exercise. I get all teary eyed up when I watch it.

This is inspiring me to log in my progress every time I post. Rick and I have been working out three times a week now, and although I don't spend as much time at the gym as I'd like, at least I'm going. I run for 30 minutes, or run 20, then do the elliptical for another 10 minutes. I then end with a bit of weight training (what ever I can fit in).


I try to do "donkey kicks" and lunges at home, since my tush is starting to slide. How depressing! I also fit some ab work in, in between the loads of laundry.
I figure I might have some extra motivation to start eating more healthy again, or just eating less if I post my progress. My water consumption is way down too. I used to drink at least a liter of water a day, and I'm lucky if I drink more than 8 oz these days. Wonder why I get headaches eh?


So watch for the loss (crossing fingers) at the bottom.


128 lbs

2 comments:

E said...

FYI - I was watching Oprah this am, although I always say I really don't like her, I like Dr. Oz and this lady was like I have 15 lbs that just won't BUDGE and then he talked about getting to your target heart rate for 30 min 3 times per week. The formula was 220 - (your age) x .8 = target heart rate. 30 minutes of muscle work too. Its really hard - the eating part, I'm giving up dessert for lent - that is going to s*&k!! Godd luck - you can do it, sista!!!!!

Dina said...

Eating is the hardest thing here. I don't keep "bad" food in the house, but I do eat more than I expend in energy.
Thanks, It's those stupid 10lbs I'd love to shed along with this "baby goo" in the middle.