Thursday, July 31, 2008

Swinging into Summer...too late

Last week was a great week. I finally got together with my High School friends, two of them with twins, and one is a new momma. I went over to my neighbor Katie's house for drinks after the kids went to bed. Rick and I took Vaughn and Avery for a fun day at the near by Lake Park for some afternoon fun. This week, we walked to our community center, played at the park, had a picnic snack and looked for ducks in the pond. After nap, we went over to the pool, and the kids for the first time, REALLY enjoyed themselves. Vaughn was running through the sprinklers screaming his head off. Avery was dancing under the raining flower doing arabesques. We went over to the "big" pool, and they actually walked in on their own. Avery lays on her belly in the zero depth area and kicks her feet. Finally, we had some playtime with almost all the cousins, and they really had a ball.


Every morning when I wake up, I look out the window and notice that it isn't as light out anymore, and the sun is setting earlier and earlier with every passing day. It makes me sad, because I feel like I've just now, dove into summer. As soon as it arrived, it will disappear. I'm trying to soak up every day, and enjoy the shoelessness, the easy "go throw some shorts on". I love flip flops and afternoons at the park. Grilling every night, or going out to a restaurant to sit outside with a Mojito.

Summer is the best time of year for me. This is one of the best summers I've ever had.

1 comment:

diane303 said...

It's going by so fast! I dread the cold weather.

It's a lesson that we all need to learn, to enjoy life, one moment at a time.

I still dread the winter.